Railing Lifetime Limited Warranty
Universal Consumer Products, Inc. (the “Warrantor”) is pleased to extend this Warranty to you, the original consumer/end user (the “Consumer”) of the Deckorators product. This Warranty is valid for Deckorators Railing, Aluminum Balusters, Aluminum Piperail and Scenic (tempered glass) Balusters (“Railing Product”) used in standard residential applications, and may not be assigned or transfered by you.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Warrantor, at its sole option, will replace or refund a prorated portion of the purchase price for any Deckorators Railing Product used in a decking/railing applicate where the coated surface chips, cracks, checks, chalks or peels. Warrantor will also, at its sole option, replace or refund a prorated portion of the purchase price for any manufacturing defects in any tempered glass material or aluminum extrusion for your Deckorators Railing Product used in a decking/railing application.
This Warranty does not cover costs of installation, removal or reinstallation. Warrantor’s sole obligation is limited to a prorated refund or replacement of the Deckorators Railing Product, and Warrantor shall have no further liability or obligation except as expressly stated herein. If a claim is made under this Warranty on a product that is no longer available, Warrantor reserves the right to provide a similar product of equivalent quality and value.
LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
The Warranty does not apply to any product that:
• Is damaged by physical abuse, acts of God, acts of war, or other chemical or biological factors.
• Has not been installed in accordance with Warrantor’s installation guidelines and local building codes.
• Has been abused, or place under or subjected to abnormal residential use conditions.
• Has been used, modified or otherwise treated in any manner other than as intended by Warrantor.
• Has been stored improperly prior to installation, resulting in excess exposure to moisture.
• Has been subjected to welding, bending, drilling, cutting or other fabrication not called for in Warrantor’s installation guidelines.
• Has been exposed to a corrosive environment including the use of adhesive tapes, sealants or mastics in direct contact with the coated product.
• Is damaged by continuous exposre to salt water conditions when installed within one (1) mile of any coastal salt water.
Failure to follow any restrictions or warning supplied with the product shall make this Warranty null and void and of no further effect. Warrantor reserves the right ot investigate any claim and to inspect the materials for which the claim is made. Any construction or use of product must be in accordance with local zoning and/or building codes. The Consumer assumes all risk and liability associated with the construction or use of this product. The Consumer or contractor should take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the project, including, but not limited to, wearing the appropriate safety equipment.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations and exclusions herein may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. WARRANTOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR OWNERSHIP OF THIS PRODUCT.
To make a claim under this Warranty, the Consumer must, within ninety (90) days of actual or constructive notice of damage covered by this Warranty, do the following:
(1) Prepare a letter that includes the following information:
• A list of the number of pieces and size of each piece for which the claim is made.
• Proof of Purchase of the product, as shown on the original invoice or receipt.
• proof of Warranty, as evidenced by the original UPS or end-tag from the product, or a copy of the mark on the product.
(2) Mail the above information to:
Universal Consumer Products, Inc., Warranty Information
2801 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525
Prorated Refund Schedule:
|Percentage of original purchase price||Years since purchase|
|25%||11 or more|
WARRANTOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF THE PRODUCT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION IN THE FACE HEREOF.